Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ballad of Tom Dooley by Sharyn McCrumb

I just finished the book and I must say I can see that Ms. McCrumb dislikes Pauline Foster and I cannot say that I blame her. When I suggested this book for book club I was drawn to the fact that it is part of her ballad series, but knew that it was not quite like her other books in that series. I also suggested to the group that they will hate the character of Pauline. I have to say I was not thrilled by the character of Anne Melton and would have hated to be pitted against her. I have always wanted to know the history behind that ballad and know that I know I want to know more. I feel like I want to travel to that part of the world to see the things that Ms. McCrumb found. I appreciate the story but did get a little lost initially with the dated headings. I think that one of the March titles is really an April title, but that is what happens in the editing world. A good read, lots of emotions, most of them anger at one character or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment