Monday, April 6, 2015

The Book Of Tomorrow- beginning the book.

THE BOOK OF TOMORROW by Cecelia Ahern, published by HarperCollins in 2011. Why a short review when I have not gone beyond page 73. I just wanted to let you know that if you start this book it is very confusing, at first do not give up. The book is set in Ireland and the narrator and central character Tamara Goodwin's father has committed suicide because he lost all their riches. Leaving Tamara and her out of it mother to fend for themselves, as houses and possessions are taken from them. The narrator explains in the first few chapters that we must really be confused and I think that is what our author wants us to realize, that everything is in an upheaval for this girl Tamara. But after a few chapters Tamara settles down to tell us her story. I stopped at chapter 8 last night, but wanted to continue, I will probably be finished before the end of the week. I do believe there is a little magic in this story and there may actually be a Book of Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment