Monday, October 21, 2013

DRAT

I went on vacation and I forgot "THE CONFEDERACY OF DUNCES", now I have to read fast, because "THE NAKED LUNCH" is due back at the library this week. That is unless I want to help maintain the library with an overdue book. Has anyone else noticed that the overdue book fine has become rather expensive? It used to be around .50 cents a month, now depending on how popular the book is you can get charged $1.00/ day. Yikes. So you can see why I need to get these books back to the library, which means tonight I will have to finish "THE CONFEDERACY OF DUNCES" tonight. I do feel now that I got to know the characters better the book is somewhat humorous. But I am close to the end so we will see how it goes and I keep thinking how would these characters be portrayed now. There are some things in the story I find interesting and will see how the book turns out to see if I can tie it in with todays dilemmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment