Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Naked Lunch

I am afraid gentle reader that I am not going to read this book, I entered into this book and got to the fourth chapter when I said "Nope, can't do it." There are two reasons, the first is that it is overdue and I do not think that I wish to pay over a dollar for it being turned in late. The second and most pronounced reason is hinted to in the first sentence I wrote. The author, William Burroughs, makes comments, as told by the junkie, "I am afraid gentle reader that though I shouldn't I must explain what I saw." Okay I do not need to read about ___ being stuck into___. I am not a prude I am just not interested in reading it. Maybe if I were younger or on drugs, but I am neither. I am sure it is well written, he seems to have a pretty good concept of what an addled brained drug user might be like. I just do not need to read some of the descriptive passages and there was an entire chapter based on some pretty wild descriptive passages. So whoever has this book next, have fun reading it, but I am on to the next book. Maybe when I get to be an addled brained octogenarian I will try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment