Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Figured out what book to read next of the 100

My next reading adventure from the list is THE ELECTRIC KOOL-AID ACID TEST by Tom Wolfe. I went looking through my stacks of books and found it on my son's stack. He must of had to read it for class when he was in high school. So that is my next adventure into the book list, I hope that it is not like THE NAKED LUNCH, but if nothing else I can look at the psychedelic colors on the front cover. I am a child born on the cusp of the 60's. Scared to death of the older kids in my elementary school who snuck to the back of the school at recess to smoke. I was only in third grade and still had a rosy view of the world. In middle school it was worse because now there was no recess, pot was introduced and no way anyone was going to the bathroom with out having second hand smoke. As my allergies kick in when I am near cigarette smoke, I was glad I had a very healthy bladder. It should be an interesting read and I promise I will read the whole thing. Okay, I will promise to try to read the whole thing. I will also promise to read it before the end of November as I need to get through this list. I will also give my brief opinion on books that I have read in the past that are on the list. Please be patient. After this I think that I will try to do my own challenge of 100 books and vow not to make them all mysteries or fluffy books.

No comments:

Post a Comment