Monday, February 24, 2014

The Monuments Men, Vampire Academy

This is the extra book I was reading for those with movies coming out. I started to read the book, but the movie came out before I could finish it. I am still in the process of reading, but went to the movie just to see how it would play out. I was a little upset, they have changed all the characters names, the beginning is nothing like the book and I can only imagine the rest of the differences. I kept thinking did I make a mistake on the names of the Monuments Men, but no they just changes James Rorimer to James Granger, Rose Valland is Claire. So basically, from the first half of the book to the first half of the movie, there is nothing alike, except the names of some of the places and paintings. Very confusing, I was hoping to see a representation of art and places, and I think that they did that to some extent, but the events and people names are just off. As For Vampire Academy, another book in the list of 16 to read before going to the movie, I failed miserably with this book. I had to take it back to the library, because it is popular with the younger crowd and sis not finish it. It was not difficult to read, but definitely young adult/teen. I probably will not see the movie, in fact I may have missed it. If that is the case it was short lived. My next book is HOWARDS END, by E.M. Foster (one of the 100), and WINTER'S TALE by Mark Helprin, (one of the 16, which is currently in the theater.) I have finished a book club pick and will be starting another for March. The book club book I finished is called ORPHAN TRAIN and will be discussed tonight, so I am waiting to review it after the meeting. Heads up, I really enjoyed it. The March book club book is called SNOW CHILD. Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment