Friday, November 7, 2014

Another apology

I have been substitute teaching and trying to write a story, so by the end of the day I have not the eyes to read. I am almost through SONS AND LOVERS, by D. H. Lawrence, but it has been a few days since I have visited the Paul, his mother, Miriam and Clara. I have been really amazed at the sexual tension between, Paul and his girls,, that includes his mother. No girl is right for him and even though she says she wants him to find a nice girl, she refuses to let that girl be Miriam. Of course, if Paul had his way I think he would marry his mother. His fantasy is to have her and him live together in a nice house, just the two of them until she dies. I get the creepy feeling he would be like one of those people who keep the dead mother preserved in the bed she died in.

At this particular time Paul is infatuated with Clara Dawles, a married woman who is reseparated from her husband. Everyone knows this, but he is pretending that they are mere acquaintances, though his description of her neck and breasts when she bends over lead you believe otherwise.

Very interesting book.

No comments:

Post a Comment