Thursday, July 21, 2016

When will it stop

I am so tired of reading books that jump without a divide. Is that a sign of a weak mind? I am reading along in The Tropic of Cancer, when road block, we are now somewhere else or are we? I have to admit I am not enamored with this book and from the first few chapters can see why this was not a publishers choice in the 1930's. I am not even halfway through the book and once again feel the need to write down the characters that get introduced, dropped and reintroduced. From what I gather so far the story is about a down on his luck writer, who is not happy with writer's who are writing. And also not a fan of the women, by his calling them by a word that I hate. SOOOOOOO, french additions aside, I think I will muddle through and pronounce a verdict when I get to the end. Just a taste of where my mind is currently at with respects to this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment