Monday, January 2, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR

It is often said that when life gives you lemons make lemonade, this is very true in Don Quixote because it seems that he and Sancho have found themselves swimming in lemons and still manage to get out of there predicament.

I am watching a series called the EXPANSE,  and in this series are some direct references to Don Quixote that I find very interesting. The character James Holden has named the Martian ship Rocinante, which makes me rethink who the Don Quixote reference is: Is it James Holden who is finds himself in situations that he put himself in by responding to a distress call. Or is it Miller who is trying to save a girl who disappeared, he is mesmerized by her, and she is not whom she seems to be. So a very interesting contrast as I finish reading Don Quixote.


I hope you all had a great holiday and find yourself on fun adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment