Sunday, March 5, 2017

Battle of Waterloo

Who knew, not me, that there was so much information about the battle of Waterloo and surrounding areas in the book Les Miserables. I am part two of the book entitled Cosette and the first book in this section is entitled Waterloo. It is about 45 pages long going into detail about the battlefield and the plans of Napoleon, number of people who died, etc.  Anyway,not sure where this is going, being that Cosette was born about two years after this battle. I guess if you want to study the battle of Waterloo, then I would also look at this section in the book. Makes me want to find it.

Historians there are monuments including the place mentioned in Les Miserables called Hougemont. In fact on the website for this and other monuments in the area, is a notation about the fact that there are two chapters in Les Miserables that mention this battle. So new things to learn everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment