Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Les Miserables a beginning.

I have started the book, Les Miserables, and I realized that my French teacher back in high school, only had us read the parts about Jean Valjean in class. I have seen the movie and we were given the general gist of the book in class, but there is a so much backstory that we did not read in class. Anyway, I am at the pass the part where Fantine has given her daughter to people she thought she could trust and back with Jean Valjean being the benefactor for the M and M district. Though they have not said that it is Jean because he did not show his papers when he was being a hero. Though it is inferred by the way he was dressed and his desire not to be given titles.

I love getting the backstory and can put things in better perspective. I liked the movie but I did not realize how Fantine became with child and what drove her to leave her child with the Thenardiers. Where did the young men and women go that were with Fantine in the book, but I do not recall those scenes in the movie. Anyway, still lots to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment