Thursday, June 29, 2017

The reading has started.

I have started the book THE GOLDEN NOTEBOOK by Doris Lessing, once again we have a 600 page book, at least it is not 1000+ pages. It is also not printed in teeny pinhead print, so my eyes may be saved. I love the letters that Doris Lessing put in describing what not to think this book is about, such as feminism. She wrote both in 1971 and 1993, both letters are in the book. I will not try to paraphrase her words, but do read them if you are inclined to read this book.

The central characters so far, are Anna, her friend Molly start off the book, but it quickly drops back in time, when Anna leaves Molly to go back home and look at her notebooks, which are described by color as the black, red, yellow and blue. Anna chooses the black notebook to start writing in which is about her time with a group of people she refers to as the Colony, which resides in Africa. The group is made up mostly of Brits with the tentative leader named Willi. That is where I am so far, and currently I am enjoying the book. I think the black notebook definitely has a dark side. I wonder what the other three notebooks will reveal.

Happy Summer Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment