Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Continuation of All the KIng's Men

I have read further in the book, but lost the book for a few days. We have the South, the coast, the Boss and our narrator who was a reporter at one point but is now the right hand man on the Boss.
The Boss a former farmer has worked his way up the political ladder and promotes those he wants to win and does not back down from a fight. Our narrator is looking back, 1920's, 1930's, 1940's, so that we are getting his background as well, from the first time he meets the Boss, his mother and his many stepfathers. I will finish the rest of this critique when I finish the book.

NExt week I will critique Uncharted, after my book club meeting so that I can get there input. This is not on the Reading the 100 list but it is on my book club list.

As I am new to blogging, eventually I will get pictures of these books to post.

Also in my book collection that will be read sometime this year:

The Fall of Giants by Ken Follet
Crossroads by Wm. Paul YOung
The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling
The Giving Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
Marmee and Louisa  and My Heart is Boundless by Eve La Plante

Okay so there is a bunch of books that I plan to read. I will be critiquing all that I read and hope that if anyone feels the need to critique me, I understand the need. I am a very ananlytical person though I have to admit my earlier writings may not seem that way. I will improve with my writing and make this a more enjoyable Blog. May have to change the name if I keep reading my own list and not that of the 100 book challenge.

Let's cozy up and read a book.


No comments:

Post a Comment