Thursday, February 14, 2013

Over Booked

It seems I have underestimated the number of books I can read at a given time. I have at least 10 books piled up to read, okay it is more than that. I am trying to do All the King's Men justice by taking my time but now I have runout of library borrowing time and must delivery it back amoung the stacks. Do not fret dear reader because I do have an Ipad and a kindle and will download the book and start from where I left off.
 But to give you a brief synopsis: We are not looking at the Boss but the reflections of the narrator who started off as a history major, hence the looking back quite frequently in his musings. He shows us the things he used to do and how that reflects his work with Boss Stark, but that in itself is also a history, as we get glimpses of the present every once and awhile. Which is why I am having some difficulty, he has gotten better about denoting his reflections or I have just gotten better at discerning when we are about to travel to the first past instead of the second past. We have also started getting some religious philosophy so that is interesting.

In addition I have started reading the book The House at Tyneford, by Natasha Solomons, which I have to have read by Feb 25th, actually before then as I have promised to share the book. Where does the time go? This is for bookclub so I will not talk about the book until I have finished with the book and heard some other thoughts on the book.

So here I sit trying to keep you up to date, but I must have lunch and then run this book back to the library so I do not get charged anymore late fees. Once I finish All the King's Men, I will be looking at two books from the 100 that seem to be interesting, Main Street, by Sinclair Lewis (457 pages) and The Golden Notebook, by Doris Lessing (565 pages.) I need to find some smaller books to read on the 100 books challenge.

Happy Valentine's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment