Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The next challenge 100 book.

Since I have finished the last challenge book I will embark on the second book starting tomorrow, in addtion to that book I have two other books I will be reading, just to make me a little crazy.

The challenge book is Main Street, by Sinclair Lewis, this book was first published in 1920, the book I am reading is a Barnes and Nobles republication in 2003. Any pages I reference will be based on this book. There is an introduction and notes to this book by Brooke Allen, but I will not read them until after I have read the book. I do not like to be told what I am supposed to be reading, it causes a bias. Which makes me writing my opinion about books kind of challenging for the reader. So maybe you want to read this book and then wait patiently for my thoughts so that you can challenge my ideas. That would be fine by me.

The second book I will be reading is my new book club book entitled, The Lifeboat, by Charlotte Rogan, copyright 2012 by Reagan Arthur Books/Little, Brown amd Company.

The third book is The Secret Lives of  Dresses, by Erin McKean, copyright 2011 by 5Spot publications.

I hope that there is some overlap between the books as these are all written around female central characters, Carol in Main Street, Grace in  The Lifeboat, set in 1914, and Dora in The Secret Lives of Dresses, set in current times. Two from what I can tell are set in small towns, while one starts on a boat.

I am not sure how long it will take me to read these books but I should be finished by the end of March or sooner. Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment