Friday, December 26, 2014

Five Weeks in the Amazon by Sean Michael Hayes

FIVE WEEKS IN THE AMAZON by Sean Michael Hayes has been released through Amazon this month. I was asked to review this book and have done a small review on Amazon. Would I have taken this adventure, probably not. Though I want to visit South America and experience the culture, I do not think that I would take part in the Ayahuasca ritual that Mr. Hayes does for 5 weeks.

This is a journey of self awareness and finding a way to be better, in health, love and overall well being. It is a full of raw emotion about what drew him to this place and the events leading to and after the rituals. There is also plenty of philosophical debates with the understanding of self and existence of  a godly being. With all that happening we are given a wonderful description of this trip through the jungle, the people he meets and the life in this small town that is surrounded by jungle. We are also part of the Ayahuasca ritual, living the moment with Mr. Hayes and his struggle with finding what he is searching for with this ritual.

Again, I have a hard time being sick in front of people or taking any type of medicine, let alone going someplace and doing it on purpose. More power to the people who can let go and take that type of adventure. I am content to read about other people's adventures into this realm. I will think of other less risky ways to determine myself. You are a brave man Sean Michael Hayes.

No comments:

Post a Comment