Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Number left to read.

Of the 100 books I am suppose to read I have 28 left.  I have finished SONS AND LOVERS by D. H. Lawrence and have to say that if you want to talk about or read about dysfunctional families, this is the book to read. Oedipus Complex would be a good title for this book. No girl good enough. Life seemingly over when mother dies. Then their are the girls who want to mother him, of course he compares them to his mother. Life, love in all the wrong places. Still a good book. Enough about that book, here are the next books that I will be reading.

16 books to read before they come out at the movies: Unbroken-Hillenbrand and Dark Places-Flynn

From the 100 book list: Fahrenheit 451-Ray Bradbury and Crime and Punishment - Dostoevsky

I have read excerpts or abridged copies of many of the 28 books I have left on the list, but I want to read them again. This includes the two above, so though I have the gist of these books, I feel like I am cheating if I do not read them completely. I hope to have all 4 of these read by the end of the month. We do not have a book for December's book club. I also will probably add a few other books into the mix.

After all of my 100 books from the reading challenge are done I am going to make a list of the 100 books that I wish to read. Ones that are in my personal library that I have been meaning to read or that someone has given to me as a present or that someone wants me to read for a review. It is going to be a very diverse set of books. I may even finish my own book and review it. No bias on my end I am my harshest critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment