Friday, March 27, 2015

AM note on MADAME BOVARY

I am really having a hard time getting into MADAME BOVARY, first their is a bossy widow wife and now she is gone and we have the young head in the clouds wife who is looking for Prince Charming. I love this time period when, women settle and then realize there is something better once they leave their family home. Also, the dad is like I do not need another mouth to feed, so let me help this process, the good doctor, does not even have time to formulate the question when her father is pretty much sealed the deal. We will see where this leads, there is suppose to be some very daring themes or thoughts in the book.

After this book, I will be reading the book SISTER CARRIE by Dreiser. I am thinking we will have the same theme, so I might compare and contrast. The book club selection for this month is called THE BOOK OF TOMORROW by Cecelia Ahern. Plus some side books, which have really been my downfall as I read those before I read MADAME BOVARY.

No comments:

Post a Comment