Thursday, August 18, 2016

Once again treading water

How is it the worlds greatest writer by some critics is throwing very short one word sentences or phrases like dringring, dringaring, dringring. I suppose this could be sound he is hearing or just for the heck of it. I finally figured out what the bold typing was trying to emulate on pages 116 to 150, as they were in a publishers office we were seeing headlines for each section of the story. Ingenious but it keeps making me think what is next. This book was deemed smutty in the 1920's, not sure where that fits in, so far, but I am only on page 185. My big problem is that I cannot set the book down and remember who is speaking when I pick it back up. I have to keep going back to see whose thoughts we were following in order to continue. More when I finish, I promised by the end of the month and that is still my goal. It will be better as soon as recognize the style changes for each character.

Summer is almost over, have a pleasant time and read what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment