Sunday, October 9, 2016

Started Don Quixote

Okay, I just started reading Don Quixote and so far I love it. That is of course only reading the prologue. The favorite part of that is that it encompasses my whole feeling about the books I have been reading where author's have to put in works or references to other writers, foreign languages abound in a kind of scripted way writers are supposed to make a work of art. He laments in this prologue that his book has none of this and who would consider this a work of art without those things. His friend comes in and says oh well for the foreign language just add lines like these and for the references , if you talk about a giant then reference Goliath and continues for several more things the author can do to get the format of the other authors.

It is hilarious just because he adds this just to get in those things out of the way. I loved it. Now I have not read the entire book, so maybe he does add some more, but to me he just summed up in writing my feelings about what people consider a good writer or author. My daughter tells me I will not be disappointed in reading this book.

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment