Thursday, January 23, 2014

Labor Day

Last post I said that I took on an extra challenge, well I can safely say that I have read LABOR DAY by Joyce Maynard, before the movie came out. Now I have a head up on the movie and can critique it on whether it stayed true to the book or not. This movie comes out Jan 31., I will not go that night because well, it is my anniversary and I have other plans. But it would be an okay movie to see on an anniversary as it is a romance. A weird romance but one nevertheless. It is told from the viewpoint of the son of a reclusive woman. Why reclusive, because her husband left her because she was depressed about the loss of her babies. My husband always says that the male sex only thinks about, well, sex. This is true for this boy and I wonder if the movie will focus on any of this or just go to the relationship of the mother with the escapee. It is the one problem I have with movies is that sometimes you do not get to hear that inner voice. Sometime after Jan 31st I will let you know how this book/movie relationship works. As for GRAVITY'S RAINBOW it is a work in progress. I am going to have to get a notebook and write down characters and relationships as I come to them, so I have a reference. The book jumps back and forth between people but they are all interconnected. Or maybe I am just not concentrating hard enough on this War story. Hope to report back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment