Monday, January 27, 2014

The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley

No this is not one of the 100 nor is it one of the 16. I read this book because I gave my husband the first one to read and I wanted to finish this one before he took it from me. I like this book and the series because I relate to Flavia. I did not have a big lab at my house just the bathroom. I would sit in there mixing things together to see what happened. I am lucky I did not explode the bathroom or the house. I also had evil thoughts about my sister who was responsible for some of my misery at the age of 10. My husband how ever, who I thought would like this series, does not. He is looking at it from a father's perspective and is worried that she will truly do something horrible to her sisters. Maybe it is because it is a girl having the adventure and not the a guy. If you want a quick read when you are tired and do not have the energy to discern who is who, or read about war before you go to bed, then I think that you to will enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment