Tuesday, February 24, 2015

1/2 way mark for the SCARLET LETTER

Okay, I am halfway through the book and I am happy that we do not live in those times. It is not that I condone people being adulterers but, her husband had been assumed dead and it takes two to tango. Her husband showing up just as she is put on display is a perfect piece of writing.  I love the intro by Hawthorn on how the story came to be and the process of being a writer. His talking about that certain light that makes fantasies a reality is perfect. I love light play and there are always shadows that make things hidden seem to exist on the fringe. Enjoying the book and will right more later.

The next book I am going to read after SCARLET LETTER is UNBROKEN by Hillenbrand and MADAME BOVARY by Flaubert.  One again is for book club and the other is one of my 100. MADAME BOVARY is also listed as a book that Rose read in THE HOUSE I LOVED, so I want to see why the connection between her and the book. I may have read it before but I am missing some brain facts. So once again into the breach.

No comments:

Post a Comment