Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Trying to finish

So I am not 1/2 way through THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexander Dumas. I had put it aside and had not read my requisite 4 chapters/day like I had previously stated that I would do while reading the other two books. I am on page 235 and there are 1179 pages in this book. While I was reading a young man who was incorrectly incarcerated at the age of 19 has grown to be a 33 year old. He made a friend in prison who tells him about a treasure on the Island of Monte Cristo. In order, to have a story something spectacular has to happen, because someone who is doomed to spend his life in prison does not fill 1179 pages.  There is an escape, a rescue and a plan hatched to find the people who set him up.

That is all I can say right now, except that it goes into great detail, so that you truly see what our main character is seeing and feeling. The characters so far are Edmund, the wronged, Mercedes his love, his father, the three men who set him up, Villefort the man who put him away, and the Abbe Faria who is incarcerated with him. I will let you know when I get to the 1/2 way mark and if I can tell you anymore about the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment