Thursday, November 12, 2015

Next book picked

I have picked the next book from the list of 100 books and that it is THE SECRET HISTORY by Donna Tartt. I have read the first few pages and we already have a murder in the prologue and then the first chapter is the meeting of the characters. Our narrator is Richard Papen who is ashamed of his family and goes to college in Hampden College in Vermont because he knows his family is too poor to get there. He manages to wrangle a scholarship and is off to school where he meets a group of people taking Greek, a class he wants but cannot get into because the professor only takes five people. So that is where I am at, I hope it does not take me until December to read.

I also am in the midst of a couple of books I started while waiting for my library selections to come in, THE LAST ANNIVERSARY, which is the book club choice for this month, and THE BEAUTIFUL MYSTERY which is in a mystery series that I like to read by Louise Penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment