Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tell No Lies-Gregg Hurwitz

This book is not on the Reading the 100 list or on the 16 before the movie comes out list, but I wanted to read it anyway. It is TELL NO LIES by Gregg Hurwitz. It was released August 2013 by St. Martin's Press. Gregg Hurwitz spoke at the Book and Author dinner for RAMA in Roanoke, Virginia. Suring his speech he gave us an excerpt from this book, so I could not ignore it as it spoke to me, what happened and why. This is a thriller, based on an event that no one can figure out that linked people in horrible deaths and threats that eventually link back to one person. Just when you think you have it figured out, think again. I was in the middle of THE GOOD SOLDIER by Ford Madox Ford which I knew had to be a daytime read, so I started TELL NO LIES as my night time read. Okay, I started it and then I could not put it down. I knew I had to finish it before picking up the other book. So now that I am finished, in two days, I need to get back to the other book. However, I am still haunted by the book I just read. Not only is MR. Hurwitz a good speaker but he is a very god writer. I cannot wait to find more of his books to read. Nothing like a thriller to get you checking around corners for people in yellow slickers, especially when it is raining outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment