Monday, April 7, 2014

Vacationing

Reading ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE while vacationing, almost finished. I can tell you right now the women in this book were due for a vacation, girls night out, just about anything to get them to relax. While the men were out sowing their seed, fighting, and just being a pain in the ..., the woman were trying to hold down the fort keep things moving along. They needed to relax because sometimes they did not think things through, an example, Ursala talking to her dead husbands ghost who had been tied under a tree, when he died, so that is where she goes. Then there is Fernanda, who has been told from birth that she is to be a queen, she has married into the family and wants things to be civil. She sends he daughter away to save face and has mysterious conversations with who she calls invisible doctors about an invisible operation she should have. Of course there are two other females of the family that could have used a break from Macondo. Also some mean playing around with peoples lives. Almost finished and then I have some other books I brought with me and when I get back home I will finish up THE MALTESE FALCON. Did not want to bring a library book with me and leave it behind by accident. Happy reading and greet the sunrise with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment