Friday, April 4, 2014

Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I am still reading ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE but was dismayed to find that the author is in the hospital in Mexico. He is 87 years old. This book according to an article in the Roanoke Times, April 4th, 2014 edition has sold more than 50 million copies in more than 25 languages. It has also outsold everything published in Spanish except the bible. It is a pretty impressive book I do not think I could have remembered all the names and kept them in order. I said before the only name that is not repeated is Ursala, Rebeca, and Amaranta. All the male names repeated over and over. So I will report on more when I finish. But it is full of description and in my humble opinion the woman are the strongest. They are the ones that keep everything on track, though those characters are somewhat weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment